Welcome! I’m Jennifer and I’m so glad you’ve found your way here.
JennBowen.com is a site for women who want to be productive, stop people pleasing and create a life of their dreams.
Why? I’m in the midst of my own transformation. I know what it’s like to live an overcommitted, cluttered life and feel that you’re not focusing on what truly matters the most to you. Through tools, strategies, self-reflection and flipping the bird at other people’s expectations I’ve started spending more time with those I love and doing the activities that feed my soul. My husband and I have figured out what our dream life looks like and we’re not stopping until we reach it.
My goal is to help you find what works for you. No two journeys will be the same since no two women have the same commitments, goals or struggles. I will explore many different ideas and methods in the hopes that a few will resonate with you.
Remember, I’m not coming from a place of knowing it all. I’ll share some of my favorite strategies and I look forward to learning others from you. This is a give and take relationship, so let’s take this journey together!
10 facts to help you get to know me:
- I’m married to my best friend Shane and mom of three boys (15, 18 and 21).
- I’m a recovering Type-A workaholic. Okay, “recovering” is a term used loosely, I’m working on it.
- Shane and I believe everything happens for a reason. We may not see the reason immediately, but it’s there and helping push us in a direction we may not even know we want to go.
- I LOVE Technology. Technology has the ability to simplify our lives, but you have to find what works for you and ignore the rest. Avoiding S.O.S. (shiny object syndrome) is a struggle and I still feel there is a time and place for analog systems.
- I tend to over commit. Saying no is my weakness but I’m strengthening my muscles.
- My husband and I are BIG goal setters. We didn’t have the easiest time in the beginning (stories for another day and a bottle of wine), but we set goals, reached them, set bigger goals and have kept moving forward.
- There’s a soundtrack to my life. I can’t function without music. Lyrics speak to my soul, match my mood, help me express what I’m feeling and give me clarity.
- I’m a walking contradiction. A tomboy that loves sports and cars but would like to do it all in a pair of heels carrying a Kate Spade. An extrovert who has never met a stranger but enjoys the solitude of a day spent with just me, a movie and my sewing machine.
- I’m a list making junkie. That’s probably obvious by the fact that my About section is a list but honestly, my lists have lists.
- Cocktails are my love language. I ask for the signature drink everywhere we visit. It’s how I learn about the locals and the vibe of a place. I even attended bartending school recently just for the hell of it.
Thanks for being here and let’s rock this life together!!!